[Leish-l] Leishmaniasis looses one of its icons - Bob Killick-Kendrick

Wallacepeters2 at aol.com Wallacepeters2 at aol.com
Mon Oct 24 08:30:49 BRST 2011

Bob's passing will be mourned by all who knew him. I am one of those who
had the good fortune, the privilege and pleasure of working with Bob over
many years. We shared numerous congenial and productive experiences in the
field  and the laboratory, as well as memorable social occasions in some odd
corners of  the world. He had great intellectual depth and technical
expertise. These he  shared unstintingly with all whom he met, young and old, novices
or world  authorities.

For those of you who would like to know more details of his career but who
have not yet come across this information, may I recommend an excellent
article  posted anonymously in the French version of Wikipedia at the following
 site  _http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Killick-Kendrick_
(http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Killick-Kendrick)  .  There is also a photo of him
on
_www.leishmaniasis.info/reviewers_2.htm_
(http://www.leishmaniasis.info/reviewers_2.htm)  .

Our thoughts and sincere condolences go to his wife and long-time colleague
 Mireille, and their families.

Wallace Peters