[Leish-l] inquiry

Chang, Kwang-Poo KwangPoo.Chang at rosalindfranklin.edu
Wed Jun 8 14:30:27 BRT 2011

Dear Tony,

Thank you so much for letting us know your invaluable experience with
detailed information on treating CL lesions by physical means. This is
certainly a much needed 'education' for me. I am not qualified to
comment on what you said, but wish to provide the following information:

1.	The device, ThermoSurgery instrument, delivers radiowave to
generate heat at 50 C (pretty precisely) for 30 seconds under anesthesia
with 2% lidocaine (John David's article TSRSTMH 100, 642. 2006). No
re-emergence of lesion after 1.5 years according to Abhay's e-mail
message.

2.	I was told that the Tropical Medicine Center of Cukurova
University, Adana discontinued cryotherapy for treating CL because
lesions re-merged. Intra-lesion antimony injection is currently in
practice.

KP