[Leish-l] Fwd: name

Kleber Giovanni Luz luz at digi.com.br
Mon Apr 19 22:33:33 BRT 2010

I think the the ideal term woul be: Leishman disease, this term pay
tribute to the mam that observed the causative agent. Kala means fatal
or disease thet let black the skin, so it is inaproprieted name.
American or Indian visceral leishmaniases are regional description.
Tegumentary or visceral may be etermined by the host immunity, parasite
caracteristics or local aspects.
--
Professor Kleber Giovanni Luz
Departamento de Infectologia da Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do