[Leish-l] Fwd: name

Carlos Costa chncosta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 16:23:26 BRT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: BobKillick-Kendrick <killickendrick at wanadoo.fr>
Date: 2010/4/5
Subject: Re: [Leish-l] name
To: Carlos Costa <chncosta at gmail.com>

 You can't go wrong with visceral leishmaniasis. But kala-azar cannot be
forgotten, especially in countries of the Indian subcontinent where the term
was born and where I think it should stay! I think it should be reserved for
anthroponotic visceral leishmaniasis. Here in France where we have a few
dozen cases per year, we say leishmaniose viscerale.   But there is no
consensus.
    Bob Killick-Kendrick