[Leish-l] announcement for the leishmania net

Clarisa Beatriz Palatnik de Sousa immgcpa at micro.ufrj.br
Wed Jun 17 11:22:08 BRT 2009

Dear all,
I am writing to announce that we have positions available for students
wanting to develop MSc or PhD Thesis, or Post Doctoral work in our
Laboratory: Biology and Biochemistry of Leishmania of the Federal University
of Rio de Janeiro.
We work on vaccine development against leishmaniasis. We developed the first
veterinary vaccine licensed for use against leishmaniasis and also
developed  recombinant protein and DNA vaccines. Recently, we started the
research on a synthetic vaccine.
The candidates will probably use techniques of parasitology, molecular
biology (cloning of defined recombinant antigens and molecular diagnosis
such as Real Time PCR), cellular immunology (intracellular staining, FACS,
intradermal reaction), clinical evaluation and diagnostic serology either on
the mice or the dog model.
The candidates interested may contact me on this e-mail.
Best wishes
CB Palatnik de Sousa

  Clarisa B Palatnik de Sousa