[Leish-l] ISOPS 6: CD WARNING

Zollner, Gabriela E Dr CIV USA MEDCOM WRAIR gabriela.zollner2 at amedd.army.mil
Thu Nov 6 16:53:54 BRST 2008

To all who received the ISOPS 6 CD:

The CD is infected with multiple copies of a worm called
"W32.Blastclan".  The worm spreads by copying itself to all drives on
the compromised computer and may also disable various security-related
applications.

The infected files cannot be deleted from the CD, so I do not recommend
opening files directly from the CD.  However, you can copy individual
files to your computer and scan them to ensure they are not infected.
If the files are infected, delete them permanently.  If the files are
not infected, you can open them.  As a disclaimer, I suggest you contact
your IT folks before attempting to open any files!

For more information:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid
=2007-091012-3047-99&tabid=2

Best regards,