[Leish-l] Open Faculty Positions

Mary Ann McDowell mcdowell.11 at nd.edu
Wed Nov 5 18:22:01 BRST 2008

Dear Colleagues,

I thoroughly enjoyed this ISOPS meeting in Peru.  For those of you that
didn't make it, we hope to see you next time!

As I mentioned in my ISOPS presentation, I am a member of the Eck Institute
for Global Health (EIGH) at the University of Notre Dame.  In conjunction
with the Department of Biological Sciences our institute is expanding and
actively recruiting for several open faculty positions with a focus on
global health at the following ranks:

Assistant/Associate Professor of Global Health and Infectious Diseases
(immunology included)

Assistant/Associate Professor of Genomics

Assistant Research Professor - Genomics Core Facility Manager

Assistant Professor of Cell Biology

Endowed Chair (Full Professor) of Cancer Biology

Assistant/Associate Professor of Bioinformatics (Dept. of Computer Science)

Sr. Analyst - Programmer in Bioinformatics

International Studies (4) - Focus on African Studies (Kellogg Institute)

We anticipate additional faculty positions will open next year including:

Additional faculty positions in Global Health and Infectious Diseases

Additional faculty positions in International Development with a Focus on
Global Health

Assistant/Associate Professor of Epidemiology

Assistant/Associate Professor of Disease Ecology

The Eck Institute for Global Health brings together a diverse group of
faculty, staff, and students from several different Colleges and Departments
at the University of Notre Dame whose research and teaching is focused on
human pathogens and their invertebrate and vertebrate vectors, the diseases
caused by these organisms, and the impact of these diseases on human
society.  EIGH faculty members have expertise in malaria, tuberculosis, and
other intracellular pathogens as well as in vector transmission of parasites
and vector genomics.  Recently EIGH was awarded $10 million to expand our
Genomics Facility and an additional endowment of $20 million to support EIGH
faculty and programs.  The institute faculty hare extremely successful in
acquiring extramural funding, securing nearly $50 million over the last 5
years, including funding from NIH, Gates Foundation, and DoD.

The open faculty positions are supported with a competitive salary from the
University of Notre Dame that can be supplemented with extramural funds.
Notre Dame is located in South Bend, IN, USA in close association with the
Indiana University School of Medicine.  South Bend has a diverse economy
with affordable housing and excellent school systems, and is within easy
driving distance of Chicago and Lake Michigan.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE AND ATTACHED ADVERTISEMENTS TO ANY POSSIBLE
CANDIDATES.  For information please e-mail me (mcdowell.11 at nd.edu).

Cheers!

Mary Ann

Mary Ann McDowell