Possible SPAM detected::Re: [leish-l] Wanted: L. major scanning electron micrograph

Richard Ashford ashford at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon May 23 15:36:42 BRT 2005

Yes, Nina, I'm afraid I still feel the same,

I once offered both Wellcome and TDR free use of numerous slides if they
could assure me that all other contributions (text, drawings, stationery
etc) were made gratis.  Of course, they could not do this. Why is the
photographer alone expected to donate valuable material? Further, many
academics supplement their meager incomes with publications and by selling
slides.  For these two giants, no matter how high- minded, to circulate
publications freely is grossly unfair competition.  If they can't afford
proper rates, they should limit their activities accordingly.

Best wishes,

Dick