[leish-l] Dr A N Bhaduri Memorial

Bhaduri Tisha anbmemorial at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 06:57:30 BRT 2003

Dear All,

On behalf of Dr A.N. Bhaduri’s family, let me first apologize for this belated message. We are deeply touched by your overwhelming response to the untimely demise of my father and we gratefully accept your condolences.

In an effort to preserve Dr Bhaduri’s memory as a scientist and a human being, the family is proposing a few ideas:

a)      Establish a permanent memorial committee comprising well-wishers, admirers, students, friends and family of Prof. Bhaduri. Over time, this committee will undertake various projects revolving around Dr Bhaduri’s life and vision.

b)      Publish a memorial volume showcasing the varied and distinguished life of Prof Bhaduri. We are proposing this as the first undertaking of this memorial committee. An editorial board will be set up in due course.

As he was an active member of the Leishmania group, we would very much appreciate your participation and suggestion in this proposed effort.

I, Tisha Bhaduri Banerjee (molecular biologist, working in the Center for Microbial and Plant Genetics, KULeuven, Belgium) will act as the coordinator at this initial stage. Please send me mail at anbmemorial at yahoo.co.uk and I will get back to you with more detail.

Thanking you once again,

Tisha Bhaduri Banerjee