Delays & the Leishmania meeting

HF Andrade Jr. hfandrad at usp.br
Fri Aug 10 10:12:37 BRT 2001

Dear Sirs,
I am looking for a probe for use in immunohistochemistry for diagnosis of
cutaneous leishmaniasis and read  several papaers for PCR for diagnosis of
human leishmaniasis, usinge probe to mini-exons DNAs, that must be performed
after detection by of tissue extracted DNA  When I try to reproduce the
multiplex PCR using described probes, I never achieved a really good
amplification of gold standards Leishmania.  The main difficult for
reproducing the PCR was the need of 0.5 M betaine in the PCR reaction. There
are any tips that scaped to me ? Sorry for the English.

Heitor Franco de Andrade Jr., M.D., Ph.D.
Laboratório de Protozoologia
Instituto de Medicina Tropical de São Paulo
Av.Dr.Eneas de Carvalho Aguiar, 470
05403-000, São Paulo, SP, BRAZIL
Phone: +55+11+30667010
Fax: +55+11+2805237