URGENT FOR LEISHMANIA TOO!

Stephen Beverley beverley at borcim.wustl.edu
Mon Feb 7 17:48:40 BRST 2000

Al,

I'm certainly willing to write a letter.  It might help to have a bit more
of outline of what the preliminary application will include though.  Will
FAX suffice by your deadline?

As to things to include, there are a lot of obvious things that I won't
bother to suggest.   I think the informational side of things is coming
along nicely.  However, the physical side of things, eg distribution of
'genome' resources such as libraries, gridded out libraries, published
clone collections, etc. is another story.  this would be my own personal
priority.

         To that end, we have made arrangements with Genome Systems Inc.
here in St. Louis to make a gridded Friedlin V1 and L. donovani 1s2D cLHYG
library available, also our complete set of sequenced GSS clones suitable
for microarraying.    We have had very good experience with our gridded
library, no problems with mixed clones as yet.   Once they are all set and
in place, I'll circulate an annoucement to people.  Their costs are not
very high and it saves a ton of time and infrastructure for us poor academics.

Best regards,

Steve

My own personal priority would include arrangements forAt 01:57 PM 2/7/00