Leishmaniosis study in Albania

Fred R. Opperdoes opperdoes at trop.ucl.ac.be
Fri Oct 8 06:51:12 BRST 1999

Dear members of the list,
I forward to the leishmania list a question that I received from Prof.
Zessin. Is there anybody that can help?
Fred Opperdoes

>From: "Prof. K. Zessin" <zessin at city.vetmed.fu-berlin.de>
>To: opperdoes at trop.ucl.ac.be
>Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 09:52:18 +0000
>Subject: Leishmaniosis study in Albania
>
>Dear Prof. Opperdoes,
>
>we presently within the TEMPUS program between our faculty and the
>veterinary faculty in Tirana are supporting a field study on
>Leishmaniosis in dogs in Albania. The student has sampled both
>symptomatic and a-symptomatic dogs (total: 800) in several parts and
>egological zones of Albania and establishes the prevalence in dogs as
>well as identifies the possible species involved.
>
>We therefore are most interested in all relevant literature,
>references, activities, etc. on leishmaniosis (particularly in
>mediterranean countries) on the disease, species, vector
>(epidemiology, ecology!).
>
>Is there a database which we can tap into?
>Any assistance from your side is greatly appreciated.
>Thank you very much in advance.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Prof. K. Zessin
>
>+--------------------------------------------------+
>Prof. K. Zessin
>Freie Universitaet Berlin
>Luisenstrasse 56
>10117 Berlin- Germany
>Tel: +49 30 2093 6070
>+--------------------------------------------------+

-------
Fred R. Opperdoes,
Research Unit for Tropical Diseases (TROP) and
Laboratory of Biochemistry (BCHM)
Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology (ICP)
and Catholic University of Louvain (UCL)
Avenue Hippocrate 74-75, B-1200 Brussels, Belgium

Tel: ++32-2-764.74.39 (secretary) Fax: ++32-2-762.68.53
Tel: ++32-2-764.74.55 (direct)
E-mail:Opperdoes at trop.ucl.ac.be
Internet: http://www.icp.ucl.ac.be/~opperd/trop.html
          http://www.icp.ucl.ac.be/~opperd/Fred.html