Consequences of canine vaccination, visceral leishmaniasis?

Heitor Franco de Andrade Junior hfandrad at usp.br
Thu Jul 22 17:30:28 BRT 1999

Dear Sirs,
The problems of canine leishmaniasis are related to assymptomatic disease in
dogs without parasitological cure, that occurs frequently after treatment,
including with sand fly transmission. By analogy, immunization could induce
similar disease pattern.
(Alvar J et al, Ann Trop Med Parasitol 88(4)371-8, 1994).
Heitor