amphotericin

Carlos Brisola Marcondes cbrisola at mbox1.ufsc.br
Tue Nov 17 09:54:38 BRST 1998

As can be seen in Young & Perkins [Mosquito News, 44(2):263-304, 1984),
there are many species of sandflies in US, and some hunting dogs were found
with visceral leishmaniasis in a kennel near Oklahoma City, with
transmission occurring at this place.
   So, it some positive dog is introduced in some regions of US, there could
be transmission, and foreign dogs must be examined.

Best wishes,
prof. dr. Carlos Brisola Marcondes
Depto Microb. Paras./CCB
Univ. Fed. Sta Catarina- Campus Trindade
88040-900 Florianópolis (SC)
Brazil