Trypnews On-line (fwd)

Alberto M. R. Davila - DBBM davila at gene.dbbm.fiocruz.br
Fri Nov 13 16:12:51 BRST 1998

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Just to inform you that the homepage of the on-line version of Trypnews is
under construction at the following address:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Styx/3703/

It is not a definitive address, since we hope to move this site to the WWW
server of Fiocruz. Recently a new initiative on biotechnical information
in Latin America has started, so the WWW server of Fiocruz will host a lot
of info on biotechnology. Details on this specific matter can be obtained
by contacting Wim Degrave.

We are currently interested to design and publish databases on animal
trypanosomosis. Previous efforts to make available information on
animal trypanosomosis/salivarian trypanosomes have resulted in the
construction of the "Salivaria home page"

http://www.cenargen.embrapa.br/~davila/salivaria.html

and creation and organization of discussion lists and virtual conferences,
respectively. A project on animal trypanosomosis (diagnostics, treatment,
economics) with a particular emphasis on information technology (classic
and on-line courses, databases, netconferences using video-cameras, etc.)
has been submited for funding by Dr. Rita Tamasaukas and I. Nevertheles,
we believe that the involvement of other groups in this initiative would
be very interesting. Suggestions are most welcome.

Regarding the printed version of Trypnews, Dr. Rita Tamasaukas
(rtamasa at reacciun.ve) can give you detailed information upon request.

Several members of the scientific community as well as international
organisations are receiving copy of this message in order to keep them
informed.

Regards,

Alberto M. R. Davila
DBBM/Instituto Oswaldo Cruz/FIOCRUZ