CDL/help

desjeuxp at who.ch desjeuxp at who.ch
Fri May 29 08:04:21 BRT 1998

     Dear Dr Fernando J andrade Narvaez

I am forwarding your message to Dr Tom Kanyok, TDR/TDP who is in charge of
aminosidine development. He is absent today but he will contact you Tuesday.
There are several papers published on aminosidine for localized american
cutaneous leishmaniasis By Hepburn N.C. et al. Aminosidine versus sodium
stibogluconate in American cutaneous leishmaniasis: preliminary results, 1993,
Trans.R.Soc.Trop.Med.Hyg;87(4):368 and Aminosidine versus sodium stibogluconate
for the treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis from Belize, 1994, Trans.R.Soc.Trop
Med.Hyg;88(6):..and Soto J.et al. Modest efficacy of injectable aminosidine for
single-agent therapy for Colombian cutaneous leishmaniasis, Trans R.Soc Trop.Med
Hyg, 1994;88,695-698. Neva, F.A. et al.Non-ulcerative cutaneous leishmaniasis in
Honduras fails to respond to topical paramomycin, 1997,Trans,R,Soc,
Trop,Med,Hyg; 91, 473-475.

Usually Aminosidine as single agent is considered as not effective on south
american CL and MCL.

I hope these data can be of some use to you but unfortunately I have no
reference for diffuse cutaneous in the New Word.

Best regards

P.Desjeux, CTD/TRY______________________________ Reply Separator