Leishmania Genome Network WWW site

Al Ivens a.ivens at ic.ac.uk
Tue May 19 12:51:07 BRT 1998

Dear everyone,

               http://www.ebi.ac.uk/parasites/leish.html

As part of the transition to functional genomics, the Leishmania Genome
Network (LGN) WWW site (above) has recently undergone another major
refurbishment.  This has added more functionality, both literally and
figuratively.

New or updated features now include:

 *  the definitive Leishmania major Friedlin karyotype

 *  cosmid contig, physical map and probe data

 *  individual chromosome pages that include:
    -> links to data for cosmids that have been sequenced
    -> probes that map to that chromosome

 *  genomic sequencing, with linked lists of the cosmids sequenced to date

 *  listings of EST and non-EST sequences with ENTREZ and BLAST data links

 *  fully revamped BLAST "entry page" that includes:
    -> BLAST analyses of all Leishmania sequences against nr, dbEST and
Swissprot/TREMBL
    -> individual pages for each accession number that include BLAST
data/best alignments
    -> direct links to NCBI BLAST or Parasite Genome BLAST server for
species-specific analyses

 *  some initial "in silico" functional analyses of Leishmania sequences
    -> "high-similarity" hits
    -> "putative function" inference of ESTs
    -> derivation of a minimal set of EST clones suitable for
microchip/array technologies

Your comments and criticisms are welcomed.  Also, please remember that the
LGN is not an exclusive group, and that we actively encourage your
participation!

With best wishes,

Al Ivens
Secretary of the LGN
THE LEISHMANIA GENOME NETWORK WEB SITE http://www.ebi.ac.uk/parasites/leish.html
Maintained by:

Dr. Al Ivens, Department of Biochemistry, Imperial College, Exhibition Road,
London SW7 2AZ, U.K.
My lab phone number is -XX-44-171-5895111 ext. 55211; my office is
-XX-44-171-5945198, and the Fax number is -XX-44-171-2250960.
My email address is alicat at ic.ac.uk (or alivens at hotmail.com, which I check
infrequently).
I begrudgingly pay to have Compuserve membership: my ID is 100060,16 if you
want to get a hold of me there, but the same caveat applies.

Hear from you soon!