kDNA minicircle database

Douglas Barker dcb12 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 25 08:27:51 BRT 1998

We are currently constructing a kDNA minicircle database on the web. It is
nearly ready and will be officially launched at the Trypanosomiasis and
Leishmaniasis symposium in Arachon, France in April.
The web site allows access to GenBank entries for all minicircle sequences,
ordered according to Genus and species groups. In addition there will be
some background information on the kinetoplast, its organisation and
minicircle sequences.
If anyone is intending to submit new minicircle sequences to GenBank or
EMBL, please let me or Susan Brewster (sb10005 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk) know the
accession numbers so that the web page can be kept up-to-date. We hope this
database will encourage researchers to submit their sequences.
The web page address will be circulated on the Network when the database is
finished (April sometime)
We hope it will be a useful resource

(PS: those who have seen the page already will note that I am much better
looking the wrong way up!)