RV: Lectin agglutination of promastigotes

R.L.Jacobson jacobsr at cc.huji.ac.il
Sun Jul 13 11:16:28 BRT 1997

I have written a review chapter on Leishmania - Lectin interaction in a book
titled LECTIN-MICROORGANISM INTERACTION published by Marcel Dekker in 1994.
I can send you a copy of the chapter as I have a few copies left. The strain
L. infantum strain LV9 is supposed to agglutinate with PNA, while LV140 does
not, but does with SJH which binds ßD-GalNAc, ßD-Gal residues.  RCA120
(ßD-Gal) agglutinates most strains of Leishmania. Perhaps try a panel of
lectins rather than just one for your particular strain.

Yours aye,
Jake Jacobson
Dr. R.L. Jacobson
Department of Parsitology,
Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical School
P.O. B 12272, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Telephone 972-2-6758077
Fax: 972-2-6757425
e-mail jacobsr at cc.huji.ac.il