Leishmaniasis in dogs

Mr H.A. Noyes harry at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Jun 26 10:22:55 BRT 1996

Leishmaniasis in dogs in much less common than leishmania infection in
dogs. Whilst it is true that treatment frequently fails it is also the case
that many dogs infected with leishmaniasis do not become sick. Consequently
although it may not be possible to eradicate the parasite from your dog,
it may be possible to control any disease with glucantime or amphotericin
as it arises whilst taking no action when there are no symptoms.
Although treatment does not always work. Good luck. >