Fw: RE: Occurance of leishmaniasis in Southeast Asia

Dr Robert Davidson r.n.davidson at ic.ac.uk
Wed Jun 5 09:32:17 BRT 1996

I suggest you talk to Philippe Desjeux, Medical Officer for Leish control,
WHO, Geneva on ++ 41 22 791 3870 or fax ++ 41 22 791 0746.
In the WHO publication "Information on the Epidemiology and Control of the
Leishmaniases by country or territory" (WHO/LEISH/91.30) there is no mention
of the countries you list. Other texts state them to be unaffected. The
distribution of sandlfiles is probably the key to this -
again, standard texts show them to be absent from SE Asia
Robert Davidson