bafilomycins and membrane ATPase of Leishmania

VIEIRA at md2.huji.ac.il VIEIRA at md2.huji.ac.il
Fri Feb 3 10:27:00 BRST 1995

> Date: Fri, 3 Feb 95 07:59:31 EDT
> Sender: leish-l at ftpt.br
> From: Jean-Claude Antoine <jantoine at pasteur.fr>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <leish-l at ftpt.br>
> Subject: bafilomycins and membrane ATPase of Leishmania
>
> To all leish-l subscribers,
>
>    Is there any people knowing the sensitivity of the membrane
> proton-translocating ATPase of Leishmania to the macrolide antibiotic
> bafilomycin A1 ?
>
>                               Thank you very much.
>

>                                Jean-Claude Antoine

	Dear Jean-Claude,
	Regarding your question about the sensitivity of the H+-ATPase to
BAF A1, I suggest to you to check the journal JBC 269 (23),16254-16259. In
the same one, we tested the effect of several H+-ATPase inhibitors among
these, the effect of BAF A1. We found that BAF A1 does not inhibited the
H+-ATPase in Leishmania. As you might know, BAF A1 is an inhibitor of the
V-type H+-ATPase but not of the P-type.
	Any further information you can contact me by my private e-mail
in Jerusalem, Israel: vieira at md2.huji.ac.il
	My name is Lita L. Vieira. Actually I'am working in pH regulatory
mechanims in Leihsmania major promastigotes. I have done some experiments
to see the role of the H+-ATPase on pHi even when I'm mainly foccused in the
role of anion in pHi regulation in Leishmania. I suggest to you to check the
paper that I mentioned to you before. I hope it will help you. I can send to you
a reprint if you want.
	Best regards,

					Lita L. Vieira