metabolite display methodology

Kenneth Stuart kstuart at u.washington.edu
Tue Oct 25 20:05:20 BRST 1994

I would appreciate any methodological information for the display (e.g.
via TLC or HPLC) of metabolic intermediates that represent the major
metabolic and biosynthetic pathways of Leishmania.  I am especially
interested in techniques that will display differences between Leishmania
isolates.  For example, how could we show glycolytic intermediates and
biosynthetic product that are labelled as a result of incubation with
radiolabelled glucose?  I would be interested in approaches that would
provide for analyses of amino acid metabolism, TCA cycle, lipid
metabolism, nucleotide metabolism and other appropriate pathways.  Thanks

Ken Stuart
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute
4 Nickerson St., Seattle, WA 98109-1651, USA
tel (206)284-8846
fax (206)284-0313
email Kstuart at U.Washington.edu