Parasitologists Address List

Jeffrey Jon Shaw jeffrey at ftpt.br
Sat Apr 9 06:49:34 BRT 1994

------------Relayed message

Message #6 (131 lines)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 94 07:25:32 EDT
From: "P.W. Pappas" <ppappas at bottom.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
To: jeffrey at ftpt.br
Subject: RE:addresses

Thanks for inquiry.  Questionnaire follows.
****
The following information will be used to construct a new (and
hopefully "global") directory of PARASITOLOGISTS.  Once this
"directory" is established it will be made available to everyone
who provides an electronic mail address; updated versions will
also be available on a regular basis.  The file will be sent as
an ASCII text file which can be imported into a database or
spreadsheet program.  I am also checking on the possibility of
making the directory available through the University's ftp
system, so researchers could have access to updated versions on a
more regular basis.  I will keep you informed of developments in
this area.

I have no plans to provide "hard copies" of the directory.
However, I do plan to make it available on computer disk (DOS
format), especially to researchers working in countries where
there is no access to electronic mail services.  If you do not
have access to electronic mail and would like a disk at a later
date, please let me know.  Also, please tell me what database or
spreadsheet program you will be using, and I will try to supply
the directory in the appropriate format.  If you do not specify a
program, the file will be sent as an ASCII text file.

PLEASE PASS ALONG THIS QUESTIONNAIRE TO COLLEAGUES WHO MIGHT BE
INTERESTED IN BEING INCLUDED IN THE DIRECTORY.

Please provide information for each of the following items.  I
hope to keep this directory as "up-to-date" as possible, so
please notify me if any of the following information changes in
the future.

1.)  Last Name (Family Name):

2.)  First Name (and middle initial if appropriate):

3.)  Appropriate Form of Address (i.e., Mr., Mrs., Dr.,
     Professor):

4.)  Highest Academic Degree:

5.)  On the following 6 lines, provide your COMPLETE MAILING
     ADDRESS (including the country) EXACTLY AS IT SHOULD APPEAR
     ON MAIL ADDRESSED TO YOU.  Do not exceed 30 letters/spaces
     per line.

6.)  Telephone Number (include appropriate area/country code):

7.)  FAX Number (include appropriate area/country code):

8.)  Electronic Mail Address:

For item numbers 9 and 10, select from the following list of
"research interests" the one that best describes your "primary
area of research interest," and select another that best
describes your "secondary area of research interest."

     Biochemistry
     Chemotherapy
     Development (Life-Cycles, In Vitro Culture)
     Ecology
     Evolution
     Host-Parasite Relationships
     Immunology
     Molecular Biology (Molecular Genetics)
     Morphology (Anatomy, Ultrastructure)
     Pathology
     Physiology
     Systematics

9.)  Primary Area of Research Interest (select one from above
     list):

10.) Secondary Area of Research Interest (select one from above
     list):

For items 11 and 12, select from the following list of
"organisms" the one that best describes the "primary group of
organisms you study," and select another that best describes the
"secondary group of organisms you study."

     Protozoans
     Trematodes
     Cestodes
     Nematodes
     Arthropods (other than insects)
     Insects
     Other (to include all organisms not covered above)

11.) Primary Group of Organisms Studied (select one from above
     list):

12.) Secondary Group of Organisms Studied (select one from above
          list):
*   Peter W. Pappas                    Phone 614-292-8088            *
*   Department of Zoology              FAX 614-292-2030              *
*   The Ohio State University          E-mail PAPPAS.3 at OSU.EDU       *
*   Columbus, OH   43210-1293                                        *