[Tropmed-l] ironic

Marco Tulio Antonio Garciazapata mctulianglobal at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 11:06:08 BRST 2013

Dear Colleagues,

*Carlos Henrique is right! *

I share this real concern, *not utopian*!

We remain "dependent" (in TROPICAL MEDICINE mainly) while not
assimilate *proudly
TROPICALIST spirit. * That undoubtedly is being lost in teaching, training
and research centers, due to the wrong policies of education and public
health.

*Here my insistent recommendation that our SBMT internalize inside Brazil
to create this awareness in our health professionals in finding  more
“grip” and competence”!*

 Potential we have, lack encouragement and infrastructure!

*Even more as a sign of dependence we are using a language that is not
ours!*

*Prof. Dr. Marco Tulio A Garcia-Zapata, MD, PhD*
*INTERNAL & TROPICAL MEDICINE*
*Infectious & Parasitic Diseases Physician / Full & Head Professor /
Principal Researcher*
Tropical Medicine & Dermatology Department (DMTD)
Center for Studies and Research in (Re)Emerging Diseases (NUPEREME)
Reference Sentry Unit for International and Travel Medicine (USCREMIVI)
Federal University of Goias (UFG)
Goiania - GO, BRAZIL

Caixa Postal 12911 - Setor Leste Vila Nova
Goiania - GO, 74643-970, Brazil
Phone: (+62)3269-8219, Fax (+62)3521-1839
E-mail: nupereme em gmail.com
medicinadeviagem.hc.hdt em gmail.com
mctulianglobal em gmail.com