[Tropmed-l] Case of fever and esplenomegaly

Mauro Shugiro Tada maurotada at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 12:30:46 BRT 2012

Dear Igor, I agree with Marcus and Luiz Marcelo,  PCR for Plasmodium,
can be done in IMTSP or ICB-USP and treat malaria. We had a similar
case in which the patient remained hospitalized twenty-eight days when
the blade was positive for P. vivax, was treated and discharged within
48 hours.
Mauro Tada- CEPEM

.