[Leish-l] Growth curve in promastigote culture

Nayore Tk nayoretk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 14:32:37 -03 2023

Good afternoon,

My name is Nayore, I am a doctoral student and researcher at UFSCar and I
work with Leishmania infantum promastigotes culture. I have doubts about
how to perform the growth curve, should I do it in 12 well plate or in a
culture flask?

I performed this type of count for other strains, however I was performing
the plate count during 10 days, starting from a concentration of 2.0x10e5
promastigotes/mL in first day. Recently I was asked why I was making it on
a well and not in a flask.

I would like to solve this question about which is the best way to make the
curve in a well containing 2.0x10e5 promastigotes/2 mL or in a culture
flask?

thank you for your attention

Best Regards
Nayore Tamie Takamiya

--
*Nayore Tamie Takamiya*
Bióloga/ Doutoranda no Programa de Pós-graduação em Genética Evolutiva e