[Leish-l] Fwd: Fw: WorldLeish7 News # 2

Jeffrey Shaw leishnews at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 22:17:28 -03 2021

------------------------------
*From:* WorldLeish 7 - Cartagena, Colombia 2022 <
communication at worldleish7.org>
*Subject:* WorldLeish7 News # 2

Read our newsletter and connect with our news
*WorldLeish7 *
May 23rd to 28th, 2022
Cartagena - Colombia
The fourth webinar Pre-WorldLeish is on the way. *“*Leishmaniasis and
conflict*”*

Dr Ritmeijer is a medical and public health scientist who has been working
with Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) since 1989. Over the past 25 years,
Koert has led numerous operational and clinical research projects «on the
ground» in very challenging settings of conflict and humanitarian crisis,

He is currently the coordinator of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) in
MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam (MSF-OCA) and is responsible for the
coordination and technical support of the leishmaniasis programmes in East
Africa and South Asia, including response to several large leishmaniasis
epidemics, often in highly resource-poor and war-affected communities. He
has published more than 70 scientific papers, and in 2010 he was awarded
the Eijkman Medal, the Netherlands award for tropical medicine research.

In his presentation, he will speak about the direct and indirect effects of
conflict on leishmaniasis related to population movements, environmental
factors, and disruption of healthcare delivery and control programs. He
will present experiences from different conflict contexts in Africa, Asia
and the Middle East and their effects on visceral and cutaneous
leishmaniasis morbidity and mortality.

*Connect to the webinar here
<https://worldleish7.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e59da7c80f8814b7998ed5dc8&id=6a3992a29d&e=e8d989be50>*
*Password: *801531
*Las Américas Hotel and Convention Center *
Cartagena, Colombia

Location of the seventh version of WorldLeish

Las Américas Hotel and Convention Center is the only place in the city that
offers 530 rooms including 251 Caribbean Style rooms and 279 rooms with a
modern design, surrounded by more than 6,356 square meters of flexible
space. Located just 5 minutes away from the airport and 10 minutes from the
historic walled city, this venue is an epicentre of tourism, where visitors
will find swimming pools, restaurants, spacious lounges and gardens, a
business center, gym, spa and the best views of the city.

See more...
<https://worldleish7.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e59da7c80f8814b7998ed5dc8&id=afad1b2e3a&e=e8d989be50>
*Cycle of preparatory webinars for WorldLeish7 in 2022.*

We invite you to connect with the cycle of preparatory webinars for
WorldLeish7 in 2022.

Every two months, we will host a distinguished speaker who will present an
important topic on leishmaniasis.

*You can participate for free!*

Each webinar includes 20 - 25 minutes of presentation and 5 minutes of
questions.

*We welcome you!*
More information
<https://worldleish7.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e59da7c80f8814b7998ed5dc8&id=5698417010&e=e8d989be50>
*For more information, visit the website of the seventh
version https://www.worldleish7.org/
<https://worldleish7.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e59da7c80f8814b7998ed5dc8&id=574f52b256&e=e8d989be50>
and
follow us on Twitter as WLeish7
<https://worldleish7.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e59da7c80f8814b7998ed5dc8&id=4cfbdee19d&e=e8d989be50>
and
Facebook as WorldLeish7
<https://worldleish7.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e59da7c80f8814b7998ed5dc8&id=7c2a5b79d9&e=e8d989be50>.*
[image: Facebook]
<https://worldleish7.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e59da7c80f8814b7998ed5dc8&id=e4d878f68d&e=e8d989be50>
[image: Twitter]
<https://worldleish7.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e59da7c80f8814b7998ed5dc8&id=6986809db2&e=e8d989be50>
[image: Website]
<https://worldleish7.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e59da7c80f8814b7998ed5dc8&id=fa748d6d8e&e=e8d989be50>

*Copyright © 2021 - Worldleish 7, All rights reserved.*
https://www.worldleish7.org/

*Our mailing address is:*
communication at worldleish7.org

You can update your preferences
<https://worldleish7.us7.list-manage.com/profile?u=e59da7c80f8814b7998ed5dc8&id=c5f488937b&e=e8d989be50&c=ab103714c7>
or unsubscribe from this list
<https://worldleish7.us7.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=e59da7c80f8814b7998ed5dc8&id=c5f488937b&e=e8d989be50&c=ab103714c7>
.

WorldLeish
<https://worldleish7.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e59da7c80f8814b7998ed5dc8&id=12f4ea340d&e=e8d989be50>
Pecet Colombia
<https://worldleish7.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=e59da7c80f8814b7998ed5dc8&id=cf0fcdec37&e=e8d989be50>

This email was sent to jayusp at hotmail.com
*why did I get this?*
<https://worldleish7.us7.list-manage.com/about?u=e59da7c80f8814b7998ed5dc8&id=c5f488937b&e=e8d989be50&c=ab103714c7>
    unsubscribe from this list
<https://worldleish7.us7.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=e59da7c80f8814b7998ed5dc8&id=c5f488937b&e=e8d989be50&c=ab103714c7>
    update subscription preferences
<https://worldleish7.us7.list-manage.com/profile?u=e59da7c80f8814b7998ed5dc8&id=c5f488937b&e=e8d989be50&c=ab103714c7>
Worldleish7 · Calle 62 52 59 Lab. 632 · La Candelaria · MEDELLIN 050010 ·
Colombia

[image: Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/email-referral/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral_marketing&aid=e59da7c80f8814b7998ed5dc8&afl=1>