[Leish-l] Need your help: a 5 minutes survey on barriers to effective supply of LEISHMANIASIS medicine

Temmy Sunyoto tsunyoto at itg.be
Thu May 17 09:23:37 BRT 2018

Dear admin of the group,
Please help my research by allowing me to post this request below.
Many thanks,

Dear subscribers,

My name is Temmy, and currently I am a Marie-Curie PhD candidate with the project on Access to Care of Leishmaniasis in Africa with Prof dr Marleen Boelaert. As part of this project, we are conducting a study focusing on supply and pharmaceutical barriers on the medicines for neglected tropical disease (NTD), especially to leishmaniasis. As it is not amenable to preventive chemotherapy through mass drug administration, diagnosis and treatment is crucial. However, available drugs are old, toxic, too expensive or come from single producer. Shortages have been reported in the past, and new medicines are sorely needed. Our country focus is in Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan and Uganda .

This survey aims to explore the perceived barriers towards effective supply of medicines for leishmaniasis, which albeit included in some National Essential Drug List, are not registered in the countries and imported through NGOs or others. Therefore, we invite everyone who is interested in this topic to take 5 minute to complete the survey by clicking the link below:

If you currently live/work in the countries above, here is the survey for you (COUNTRY PERSPECTIVE)
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/36VNFDN
If you are doing/have done procurement for any of the countries above, or who are/had been working in procurement or supply agencies, here is the survey for you (PROCURER )
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/59JR3LK

Your response will be anonymized and by doing this you are providing valuable input towards advocacy in securing access to medicines of a life threatening disease of kala-azar. Please also kindly let me know should you be willing to speak more about the issue in an in-depth interview (by phone or Skype).

Your help is highly appreciated and many thanks in advance,

Temmy Sunyoto, MD MPH
Unit of Epidemiology and Control of Tropical Diseases
Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp
www.itg.be<http://www.itg.be>
www.euroleish.net<http://www.euroleish.net>

Tel: +32 (0)3 345 56 49