[Leish-l] Fwd: Global Sand Fly Colony Database

jeffreyj at usp.br jeffreyj at usp.br
Fri Sep 30 11:17:25 BRT 2016

PLEASE SEND ANY REPLIES DIRECTLY TO PHIL.

Sent: Friday, 30 September, 2016 10:57:44 AM
Subject: FW: Global Sand Fly Colony Database

Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 20:13:09 -0600

Dear Colleagues,
Once again I am updating the Global Sand Fly Colony Database to make it a more useful and accessible resource for sand fly researchers. Your input will be very much appreciated. If you maintain a sand fly colony or colonies, please send me a brief summary of the status of each colony including the following information:
·

Laboratory Name and address
·

Names and contact information of investigators including postal address, telephone number, e-mail address
·

Species and strains of sand flies in colony
·

Sites of origin of sand fly species in colony
·

Approximate age of colonies (# generations)
·

Larval diet used
·

Adult diet used (blood sources)
·

Rearing conditions including temperature, relative humidity and Light/dark cycles
·

Research interests/current projects
·

Selected articles published
My e-mail lists are not exhaustive and in some cases may be repetitive or inaccurate, so please bear with me. Also, if you know of other labs not included, please forward this information request. Once the database is updated, our intent is to publish it as an appendix to a supplement on Colonization and Rearing of Phlebotomine Sand Flies in Parasite- open-access journal. Your valuable contributions to this project is very much appreciated.

With best regards,
Phillip G. Lawyer, Ph.D.
1991 E. 725 S.
Springville, Utah 84663, USA