[Leish-l] [Possivel Spam] Cutaneous leishmaniasis treatment evasion

Bartira Rossi Bergmann bartira at biof.ufrj.br
Fri Feb 19 20:27:38 BRST 2016

Dear Drs Khatri, Buffet and Costa,

I truely agree, it is inadmissible that "healthy" LC patients are
rendered "ill" due to the systemic toxic injections. Another
particular situation is that of some populations living in remote
areas with limited mobility and/or   access to hospitals (e.g. Amazon
jungle, Syria...),  the 20 daily antimonial injections are just
prohibitive.

While an effective cream is not available, they would greatly  benefit
from few intralesional s.c. injections with antimonial or other drugs.
That would help reduce treatment evasion...

Thank you so much for the helpful information on both the forthcoming
and  published articles!

Best regards,

Bartira