[Leish-l] Auricular leishmaniasis

mendonca at ioc.fiocruz.br mendonca at ioc.fiocruz.br
Tue Apr 7 10:08:07 BRT 2015

Certainly.

Human cutaneous infections with L. braziliensis are known for the low
parasite load. Amastigotes are hard to find in cutaneous lesions due to
L. braziliensis.

Regards,

Sergio C. F. Mendonça MD, PhD
 Senior Scientist
 Head, Laboratory of Immunoparasitology
 Instituto Oswaldo Cruz
 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
 Phone +55 21 3865 8199

Em 02/04/2015 21:16, Flavio Queiroz Telles escreveu:

> Dear All
> I have a patient who presented proved cutaneous leishmaniasis 3 years ago. He was successfully treated with meglumine but after 3 years he presented a secondary auricular lesion. Biopsy did not show amastigotes but histology like leishmaniasis (no parasites). Anew meglumine course was effective. Considering L. braziliensis braziliensis is the only species identified in the state of Parana, South of Brazil, is this feasible?
>
> Regards
>
> Flavio Queiroz telles MD, PhD
> Federal University of Parana, Brazil
>
> --
> _ This email was sent by icb.usp.br _ ­­

> --
> This email was sent by icb.usp.br

Links:
------