[Leish-l] Human Lehismaniasis in children from Syria

Ramon C. Soriguer soriguer at ebd.csic.es
Sat May 11 19:05:42 BRT 2013

A syrian colleague, send to me this link on a video about lehismania in
children and how the civil war increased dramatically the cases of
lehismaniasis in this country. Of course it is hard to listen the local doctor
comments and to separate its from the political situation but  even so, this
video do not invalidate the lehismaniosis effects in the syrian children.
http://vimeo.com/65205724

Of course I am shocked about the real impact of this outbreak (see video
and paper)  but probably it is the only way to understand the sanitary and
social problem dimension.

More scientific information about the outbreak of lehismaniasis in Syria:
http://www.parasitesandvectors.com/content/6/1/94
Cite this article as: Alasaad: War diseases revealed by the social media:
massive leishmaniasis outbreak in the Syrian Spring. Parasites & Vectors
2013 6:94.
doi:10.1186/1756-3305-6-94

Ramon

Ramon C. Soriguer
Estación Biológica de Doñana
Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas
Avda Americo Vespucio s/n
Sevilla 410092
Tfno 954-466700