[Leish-l] Leishmaniasis looses one of its icons - Bob Killick-Kendrick

Dr Omar Hamarsheh ohamarsheh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 05:05:13 BRST 2011

Dear Jeffrey,

I feel so sorry to loose the father of the sand fly research; Bob
Killick-Kendrick, I would suggest to you and all our colleagues to
call for papers that will submitted in special issue of one of the
leading journals and dedicate it to the soal of Bob killick-kendrick.
I send my deepest sorry and sympathy to his family.

Omar Hamarsheh
Palestinian research group on sandflies
Al-Quds University
Jerusalem
Palestine

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 6:19 AM, Reza Yaghoobi <yaghoobi.reza at gmail.com> wrote:
> The news of Bob's death came as a shock to all of us. We loved him very much
> and our deepest sympathy goes out to his family. He will be long remembered
> by his colleagues.
>
> Mohammad Reza Yaghoobi
> Tehran university of Medical Sciences
>
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Dr Omar Hamarsheh <ohamarsheh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>>  I'm extremely sorry to hear that Bob Killick-Kendrich passed a way,
>> and please accept my deepest condolences. Words are never enough at a
>> time like this, but know BOB, you'll be always  in our thoughts.
>>
>> may God bless your soal
>>
>> Omar Hamarsheh, PhD
>> Palestinian Sand fly research group
>> Al-Quds University
>> Department of Biological Sciences
>> P.O.Box 51000
>> Jerusalem
>>

>> On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 9:24 PM, jeffrey shaw <jayusp at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >  I have the very sad task to inform everybody that last night
>> > (22/10/2011)
>> > Bob Killick-Kendrick died. Leishmaniasis has lost one of its icons and
>> > the
>> > breadth and depth of Bob´s comments on-line and at meetings based on
>> > years
>> > of experience is a terrible loss to us all. Bob´s career spanned many
>> > areas
>> > of parasitology. He worked on trypanosomiasis in Nigeria with David
>> > Godfrey
>> > and on returning to England dedicated many years to malaria, in
>> > particular
>> > rodent malaria. He travelled extensively on field projects all over the
>> > world and together with Prof Rioux was seminal in understanding the
>> > ecology
>> > of leishmaniasis in the Southern France where lived.
>> >
>> > Jeffrey Shaw
>> >

>> > Leish-L welcomes your comments and anecdotes on Bob´s life so please
>> > send
>> > them.

>> --

-------------------------------------