[Leish-l] Bob K-K

jacobsr at cc.huji.ac.il jacobsr at cc.huji.ac.il
Mon Oct 24 11:44:28 BRST 2011

I worked with Bob both at LSHTM on malaria under Professor Garnham and
here in Israel on sand flies and leishmaniasis. He, like me, came from
a medical-laboratory technology background long before we entered
academia. He was my inspiration when he went on to become one of the
leading professionals in our field. He was generous with his time,
forever teaching the future leishmaniacs to search for the parasite in
the vectors and reservoirs, rather than sitting in their labs running
gels. He was quick to understand the place of modern technology in our
discipline, but his heart was in the field.  His quick repartee and
stories are legendary. He is sorely missed.
Jake Jacobson