[Leish-l] Leishmaniasis looses one of its icons - Bob Killick-Kendrick

Matthew Rogers Matthew.Rogers at lshtm.ac.uk
Mon Oct 24 07:58:33 BRST 2011

A very sad day indeed .... but we can all draw inspiration from this
amazing man!

Matthew Rogers

Dr. Matthew E Rogers
Lecturer

London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
Faculty of Infectious and Tropical Diseases
Department of Immunology & Infection
Room 443
Keppel Street
London WC1E 7HT
UK
Tel: +44 (0)20 7927 2350
Fax: +44 (0)20 7323 5687

e-mail: Matthew.rogers at lshtm.ac.uk (
https://icex.imperial.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=3f516898b3814c0d97236909283171ec&URL=mailto%3aMatthew.rogers%40lshtm.ac.uk
)
http://www.lshtm.ac.uk (
https://icex.imperial.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=3f516898b3814c0d97236909283171ec&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.lshtm.ac.uk
)
>>> jeffrey shaw <jayusp at hotmail.com> 23/10/2011 20:24 >>>

 I have the very sad task to inform everybody that last night
(22/10/2011) Bob Killick-Kendrick died. Leishmaniasis has lost one of
its icons and the breadth and depth of Bob´s comments on-line and at
meetings based on years of experience is a terrible loss to us all.
Bob´s career spanned many areas of parasitology. He worked on
trypanosomiasis in Nigeria with David Godfrey and on returning to
England dedicated many years to malaria, in particular rodent malaria.
He travelled extensively on field projects all over the world and
together with Prof Rioux was seminal in understanding the ecology of
leishmaniasis in the Southern France where lived.
Jeffrey Shaw

Leish-L welcomes your comments and anecdotes on Bob´s life so please
send them.