[Leish-l] Bob Killick-Kendrick

BobKillick-Kendrick killickendrick at wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 18 16:19:00 BRST 2011

  Dear "leishmaniac" friends

      I am writing to thank you for your numerous messages of support which meant a lot to our family and me at a such difficult time.
  As you  know, Bob's passion was research. Many of you mentioned what a privilege it was to have shared his passion. I did too: his driving energy was inspirational and that, mixed with his warmth and wit, made him a very special husband to work with. Yes, as many of you reminded me, he was generous with his time and knowledge. He loved teaching and working in the laboratory, but he strongly believed that the fieldwork is the corner stone for every scientific programme on leishmaniasis, building on field observations. It was what he did all his life. May the old and new generations of leishmaniacs remember him for this.

      Warm regards

      Mireille Killick-Kendrick