[Leish-l] Training in entomology Chagas/Leishmaniasis/dengue

Dr Lloyd Validum validuml at guyana.net.gy
Tue Nov 3 10:54:17 BRST 2009

Hello all,

I have been a silent member of the list for a long time now, located in
Guyana south America, we are looking at doing some prevalence studies on
Visceral Leishmaniasis, Chagas disease and dengue fever  in Guyana ( or to
establish if or to what extent we have them in Guyana, as a part of a larger
institutional strengthening drive for the local national University (
University of Guyana) located in Georgetown Guyana.

We do have an entomologist but with no specific skills as related to medical
entomology, these skills are practically impossible to come by here. We do
however have an entomologist who can be brought on board, but we need to
locate at this time a location where specific entomological skills can be
acquired( in English) in say 6 mo -1 yr, for survey and identification of
vectors of Chagas/Leishmaniasis and dengue. As it is, you will all
appreciate that the information regarding all of these diseases and their
vectors in Guyana is very scant.

If you wish please direct replies to me directly a

validuml at guyana.net.gy

Thank you in anticipation of your reply

Dr Lloyd Validum

Malariologist