[Leish-l] Leish-L Archive Some History

jeffrey shaw jayusp at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 17 21:26:43 BRT 2009

      Since our membership has increased considerably over the past few months I thought it would be useful for members to know a few simple facts about Leish-L.

     A complete list of messages circulated on Leish-L can be found at <http://lineu.icb.usp.br/pipermail/leish-l/>

     Leish-L was launched in 1992 and the first message posted on 28th June 1993 by Dora Langes Cunha reported the Leishmaniasis Epidemic in Southern Sudan. Initially it was an arduous task getting subscribers and at the time that this first message was circulated there were only around 30 members now we have over 900.

     Leish-L was the first internet list dedicated to the discussion of a human disease.

                            With kindest regards to all our subscribers

                                           Jeffrey Shaw