[leish-l] leishmaniosis/leishmaniasis

Richard Ashford ashford at liverpool.ac.uk
Sun Jul 4 17:04:48 BRT 2004

Dear colleagues,

Last October I offered  to post a pdf copy of my article on 'osis/iasis on
the website.  Finally, copyright permission has been agreed, and I am
pleased to attach the article here.  I hope it may be of interest to any of
you who are tempted to use 'leishmaniosis' when writing in English, and
that you will discourage this whenever possible.

There are several typos in the published version: if anyone wants a
corrected verson, do let me know.

Regards to all,

Dick Ashford

Dick Ashford

R.W. Ashford
Consultant Biologist
Professor (Retired) of Parasite and Vector Biology
c/o Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
Liverpool L3 5QA
Tel: +44 151 632 2714
Fax: +44 151 705 3371
e-mail: ashford at liv.ac.uk