[leish-l] leishmaniasis and leishmaniosis

Richard Ashford ashford at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Oct 3 02:31:45 BRT 2003

See this reference for a discussion and comprehensive rejection of the
recommendations for leishmaniosis.

I can send individuals an electronic copy if you like.

Dick Ashford

Ashford, R.W. (2001). Current usage in the nomenclature of parasitic
diseases, with special reference to those involving arthropods.  Medical
and Veterinary Entomology 15: 121-125.

--On 29 September 2003 18:46 -0400 Jaclamothe at aol.com wrote:

> Id like to know if there is a consensus or recommendations about the use
> of the term leishmaniosis when we talk about an animal disease.
>
> Is is universally acceped, where do these recommendations come from ?
>
> regards
>

> Jacques Lamothe
>  1  rond point de la roya
> F 06510  CARROS
> (0)4 93 29 06 95

Please note new status and phone number:
R.W. Ashford
Professor (Retired) of Parasite and Vector Biology
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
Liverpool L3 5QA
Tel: +44 151 632 2714
Fax: +44 151 705 3371