[leish-l] Leishmaniasis - Iraq

Richard Ashford ashford at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Jun 10 15:50:00 BRT 2003

Dear Philippe

I was away, in Israel, so missed the nonsense about Iraq till now.
Congratulations on the moderateness of your response.  It's probably just
as well I missed it, as my response would have been 'a l'ashfordienne', and
people would have been upset by straight talk.

By the way, I have been thoroughly through all the reports I can find, and
can find absolutely NO reliable evidence of L. tropica causing VL.  Every
report is flawed one way or another and, before postulating such an
unlikely event, the evidence would have to be very convincing a) that the
parasite really is tropica and b) that the infection really is
leishmaniasis!

Best wishes,

Dick