[leish-l] help

Dr. Eduardo A. Rebollar-Tellez rebollar at tunku.uady.mx
Fri Aug 30 13:04:37 BRT 2002

Hi Willy:

Dunno about New World species of sandflies, but as for Old World species
there are at least two papers which may be useful to you. The references
are:

Schlein, Y. & Warburg, A. (1986) Phytophagy and the feeding cycle of
Phlebotomus papatasi (Diptera: Psychodidae) under experimental
condictions. Journal of Medical Entomology, 23, 11-15.

Schlein, Y. & Yuval, B. (1987) Leishmaniasis in the Jordan Valley IV.
Attraction of Phlebotomus papatasi (Diptera: Psychodidae) to plants in the
field. Journal of Medical Entomology, 24, 87-90.

I suggest you to contact directly Dr. Y. Schlein to see whether he has got
more papers out there.

Hope this helps

Cheerio!

Eduardo

> Dear all,
>
> I require information on the type or names of plants that sandflies
> prefer to  feed on in the field. I will appreciate your help on this or
> if you can direct  me to the appropriate person to ask.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Willy Tonui
>
> Willy Kiprotich TONUI,
> Visiting Scientist (Post-Doc),
> Richard Titus's Lab,
> Colorado State University,
> Dept of Microbiology Immunology &Pathology,
> 1682B Campus Delivery,
> Fort Collins , Colorado 80523-1682
> Tel (970) 491-3953/1607 (O) (970) 491-0750 (H)
> Fax: (970) 491-0603
> http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/
> http://www.kemri.org

Centro de Investigaciones Regionales