Unknown isolate

Myriam Riyad myriam.riyad at fmp-uh2c.ac.ma
Wed Mar 1 13:47:07 BRT 2000

Jake,
I do not have any information about this isolate, but in our lab (and I know
that other labs in Europe recently encountered the same problem) we faced
some strange typing results (isoenzyme patterns different from our reference
strains of L. infantum, L. tropica and L. major) while these strains were
supposed to be human strains. Could they be Sauroleishmania? I am highly
interested if you have some complementary information on the matter.
Myriam

Myriam Riyad DSc
Faculté de Médecine et Pharmacie
Laboratoire de Parasitologie-Myologie
19 rue Tarik Ibn Ziad, Casablanca 20006, Morocco
TEL: 212-2-271630/222555 (Poste 305)
FAX: 212-2-475560
E.mail: myriam.riyad at fmp-uh2c.ac.ma