Postdoc Fellow Search

Dennis Dwyer DDWYER at niaid.nih.gov
Thu Jun 1 19:29:43 BRT 2000

		Dear Colleagues,
June 1, 2000

			I'm reposting an advert  to fill two post-doc slots
in the Summer to early Fall of Y2000. If you have any students or know of
anyone that would be interested please have them contact me as soon as
possible. I'd also appreciate your posting this advert in your department.
Thanks for your help.
								Dennis M.
Dwyer, Ph.D.
								Sr.
Investigator & Head,  Cell Biology Section,
								Laboratory
of Parasitic Diseases,
								National
Institute of Allergy
									and
Infectious Diseases

		N.I.H. "Y-2K" POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS

				Postdoctoral Fellowships available in Cell
Biology for an individuals with experience in molecular biology and/or
biochemistry. Successful candidates will join an active group studying the
cell biology of Leishmania and related trypanosomatid parasites (a group of
parasitic protozoa causing human disease). Ongoing project areas include: 1)
characterization of secretory and surface membrane enzymes critical to
parasite growth, development and survival; 2) molecular dissection of genes
encoding and regulating such  proteins and 3) developmental expression and
cellular targeting of such proteins. Visit our web site :
http://www.niaid.nih.gov/dir/labs/lpd/dwyer.htm  These positions offer a
unique opportunity to have impact in a rapidly developing area highly
relevant to human disease. No prior experience in parasite research is
necessary.

				NOTE: Fellowships available only to those
with less than 3 years of postdoctoral experience. Appointments for US
Citizens and Permanent Residents will be made through the NIH Intramural
Research Training Award (IRTA) program. NON-US Citizens are appointed as
Visiting Fellows under the auspices of the Fogarty International Center @
the NIH. All Appointments are made initially for 1 year and are renewable
for up to 2 additional years depending upon progress and sponsor approval.
Salary is contingent upon experience starting at $27,500 per annum.

				Please send curriculum vitae, list of
publications and names of 3 references to:

				Dr. Dennis M. Dwyer
				Head, Cell Biology Section,
				Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases,
				Building 4, Room 126,
				National Institute of Allergy
				and Infectious Diseases,
				National Institutes of Health
				Bethesda, MD 20892-0425
				U.S.A.

				Telephone inquiries: (301) 496-5969; FAX #:
(301)-402-2201

				E-Mail: DDwyer at niaid.nih.gov