Douglas Barker2000

S McCann sm240 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Fri May 7 08:35:36 BRT 1999

As some of you may know, Douglas Barker finally retires from the
Leishmania stage at the end of september 2000.Those of us who work with
Douglas felt we could not let him disappear without marking the event in
some way.Douglas and Valerie will be attending the Cartagena meeting in
2000 as well as the Oxford 2000 meeting.What we are hoping to do is get as
many of his friends and collaborators to present work at the meetings.If
it is possible we would like to get a whole workshop/alumni meeting of
Barker connected papers.Cartagena is Douglas's opportunity to bid
farewell to South America and we want to try and get it also to be our
chance to wave him off to Scotland.
	If anyone has any other ideas and suggestions please feel free to
chip in.

	bye for now

	Sharon