mRNA standards

Hugues Charest hcharest at atlas.niaid.nih.gov
Thu Mar 5 18:15:08 BRT 1998

The A2rel gene mRNA is fine (JBC 271: 17081).  The expression in pros and
amastigotes is equal.  As we know, it's expressed in all Leishmania species.
Ciao

>    I am interested in comparing mRNA levels between promastigotes and
>amastigotes and would like to solicit any opinions on what are accepted
>mRNAs that would be appropriate internal controls for such experiments,
>i.e. genes that are  expressed at the same level in the different cell
>types.  Is actin acceptable, or is it necessary to use rRNA or some other
>RNA?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.
>
>    Thank you,
>
>    Peter Agron
>    San Francisco, USA

Hugues Charest, Ph.D.
Alan Sher's Laboratory
National Institutes of Health
National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases
Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases
Immunobiology section
9000 Rockville Pike, Bldg 4, room 132
Bethesda, Md 20892-0425
tel: (301) 496-8218, fax: (301) 402-0890