No subject

cclayton cclayton at zmbh.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Dec 15 15:24:18 BRST 1998

Dear all

The next ZMBH Forum, from March 29-31, has the title:
PATHOGENIC PROTOZOA: MOLECULES, STRUCTURES AND MECHANISMS.

The meeting will be held in the Kommunicationszentrum of the German Cancer
Center in Heidelberg. Attendance is FREE. Information about accomodation
(and programme updates) can be found on our web site,
http://www.zmbh.uni-heidelberg.de.

The speakers at the meeting are listed below. I have inserted very
approximate themes in parentheses, or  titles when they are already
available.

David Roos, (The Apicoplast of Toxoplasma gondii)
Miklos Müller, "History of Energy Metabolism of Amitochondriate Protists".
Patricia Johnson,(The Hydrogenosome of Trichomonas vaginalis)
Christine Clayton, "The glycosomes of trypanosomes: Biogenesis and function"
Robert Fahey  (Thiols in pathogenic microorganisms)
Luise Krauth-Siegel  (Thiols in trypanosomatids)
Andrew Karplus  (Molecular structure-function relationships)
Buddy Ullman, Portland (Purine metabolism and transport in kinetoplastids)
Marc Ouellette,  (Drug resistance in Leishmania)
Thomas Wellems,(Chloroquine resistance in Plasmodium)
Michael Lanzer, (Antigenic variation in Plasmodium)
Roy Anderson, "Antigenic variation in populations"
George Cross (Antigenic variation in trypanosomes)
Elisabetta Ullu, (Transcription and RNA processing in trypanosomes)
Kenneth Stuart, (RNA Editing in trypanosome mitochondria)
Michael Furguson, (Glycosyl phosphatidylinositol anchors)
Kasturi Haldar,   (Protein trafficking in Plasmodium falciparum)
Dominique Soldati,  (motility of Toxoplasma)
Keith Joiner,  (Toxoplasma)
Steven Beverley,  (Leishmania)
Egbert Tannich, Hamburg  ( Entamoeba histolytica)
Alan Cowman,   (Reverse genetic investigations in Plasmodium falciparum)
Andy Waters, (Reverse genetic investigations in Plasmodium berghei)

If you want more information please look at our web site, or contact Jutta
Rami by e-mail. Her address is: jmsr at sun0.urz.uni-heidelberg.de

PLEASE NOTE NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS!
cclayton at zmbh.uni-heidelberg.de

Christine Clayton