Cypress Diagnostics Serological Assay

MAJ Jeffrey Ryan ryanj at wrsmtp-ccmail.army.mil
Mon Nov 3 12:07:20 BRST 1997

     Was wondering if anyone out there is using or has used or evaluated
     the commercially available, genus-specific serological assay
     (catalogue # HP005) for Leishmaniasis from Cypress Diagnostics.  If
     so, please tell me how well it works.  The company claims it is 98.8%
     sensitive and 99.2% specific for L. donovani, L. major, L. mexicana &
     L. braziliensis antibodies in human serum.  I have not found anything
     in the literature to back up these claims and the company has been
     very vague as to what "inactive antigen" the assay is based on.