Memorias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz.

Humberto Guerra hGuerra at UPCH.EDU.PE
Fri Jan 24 04:14:33 BRST 1997

Dear Hooman:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  I've been "grounded" for a long time,
with respect to email - even now, I'm using the installation in our Library
at the IMT AvH, instead of that at home, which we can't reinstall yet....

The initiative to place the Memorias is a very good one.  I hope this will
increase readership.  As I'm not a navigator yet, the benefit will be in the
future for me, but I think the idea a VERY good one, and I expect it to be a
great success.

Most cordially,

Humberto

At 06:55 nm 97/01/23 -0200, Hooman Momen wrote:
>As from Vol 92 (1997) the full text and illustrations of the " Memorias do
>Instituto Oswaldo Cruz" will be available on-line. There will be no-charge
>for access at present. Issue 92(1) Jan-Feb is now available for examination
>at our web-site http://www.dbbm.fiocruz.br/www-mem. This issue contains at
>least five articles of interest to Leishmaniacs
>
>1.Asymptomatic Leishmania chagasi Infection in Relatives and Neighbours of
>Patients with Visceral Leishmaniasis=20
>- Argemiro D'Oliveira J=FAnior, S=E9rgio Ricardo M Costa, Aurinha Bispo=
> Barbosa,
>Maria de La Gl=F3ria Orge Orge,
>Edgar M Carvalho=20
>
> 2. Seroepidemiological Studies of Cutaneous Leishmaniasis in the Campeche
>State of M=E9xico=20
>- Amalia Monroy-Ostria, Tayde Sosa-Cabrera, Beatriz Rivas-Sanchez, Rosaura
>Ruiz-Tuyu, Ana R
>Mendoza-Gonzalez, Luis Favila-Castillo=20
>
>3. Diagnostic Importance of Female External Genital Structure of
>Phlebotomine Sand Flies (Diptera: Psychodidae) as
>Observed by Scanning Electron Microscopy=20
>- J Mukhopadhyay, KN Ghosh=20
>
>4. Characterization of Endotrypanum Parasites Using Specific Monoclonal
>Antibodies=20
>- Antonia Maria Ramos Franco, Gerzia MC Machado, Roberto D Naiff, Celia FS
>Moreira, Diane McMahon-Pratt,
>Gabriel Grimaldi Jr=20
>
>5.Comparison of Some Molecular-Genetic Techniques for Identification of
>Leishmania Circulating in Natural Foci of
>Zoonotic Cutaneous Leishmaniasis in the Central Asia Region=20
>- Margarita V Strelkova, Raquel S Pacheco, Sergey A Bulat, Tatjana A=
> Rakitskaya=20
>
>I would be interested in receiving your comments about this initiative
>
>Hooman Momen
>Editor
>Hooman Momen Ph. D.         =20
>Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, FIOCRUZ
>Av. Brasil 4365, Rio de Janeiro 21045-900, Brazil=20
>Internet:HMOMEN at gene.dbbm.fiocruz.br or MOMEN at dcc001.cict.fiocruz.br
>FAX: (+5521)-590-3545 or 590-3495

Humberto Guerra, M.D., Ph.D., Dr.Med.
Full Professor of Medicine
Instituto de Medicina Tropical Alexander von Humboldt
Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia
Mailing Address: A.P. 4314, Lima 100, Peru
Street Address : Av. Honorio Delgado 430, Lima 31, Peru
Tel: (51-1)4823903, 4823910, 4823401 Fax: (51-1)4823404